Tabitha Beck is the Scoutmaster for the new Scouts BSA Troop 220 at Lee’s Summit Christian Church. She has an extensive scouting history that includes membership with the troop for over five years and two years in the Tribe of Mic-O-Say. Her husband Ryan is an Eagle Scout and a member of the Tribe, and together they have seven children, six sons and one daughter. At present, three of her boys are on the path to Eagle and her daughter is new to scouting but has plans to become one of the first females to earn the Eagle rank. When Tabitha is not having fun with Scouts, parenting her extensive collection of kids, running long distances, or snuggling her fur babies, she works as a nurse in the community. Tabitha’s passions include leadership education, youth empowerment, and health and wellness.
The Scoutmaster is responsible for training and guiding youth leaders in the operation of the troop, and for managing, training, and supporting his or her assistant Scoutmasters in their role.
- Trains and guides youth leaders.
- Works with other responsible adults to bring Scouting to youth.
- Uses the methods of Scouting to achieve the aims of Scouting.
- Can be male or female, but must be at least 21 years of age.
- Is appointed by the head of the chartered organization.