Here will be a short bio on the current person serving in this position.
The unit treasurer is appointed by the committee chairman to handle pack/troop/crew/ship funds, pay bills, maintain accounts, coordinate the annual Friends of Scouting campaign, and supervise fundraising.
- Handle all troop/crew funds. Pay bills on recommendation of the Scoutmaster/Crew Advisor and authorization of the unit committee.
- Maintain the unit’s checking and savings accounts.
- Train and supervise the troop Scribe or Crew Treasurer in record keeping.
- Keep adequate records in the Troop Record Book.
- Supervise money-earning projects, including obtaining proper authorizations.
- Supervise the camp savings plan.
- Lead in the preparation of the annual troop/crew budget.
- Lead the Friends of Scouting campaign.
- Report to the unit committee at each meeting.
- Receive unit income each week from the troop scribe.