The Troop Chaplain is appointed to provide spiritual tone, guide the chaplain aide, give spiritual counseling, and promote the regular religious participation of each member. They also coordinate the availability of the scouting religious awards for scouts who are interested in earning them.
- Provide a spiritual tone for troop meetings and activities.
- Give guidance to the youth chaplain's aide.
- Promote regular participation of each member in the activities of the religious organization of his choice.
- Visit homes of the Scouts in time of sickness or need.
- Give spiritual counseling service when needed or requested.
- Encourage Scouts to earn their appropriate religious emblems.
- Report to the troop committee each month.